The Indonesian Mathematical Society invites applications
• from mathematicians professionally based in Indonesia to visit an ASEAN research collaborator; or
• mathematicians professionally based in ASEAN to visit an Indonesian research collaborator
for a period of two weeks.
Should the visit exceed two weeks, the candidate must be ready to independently fund the expenses of the visit beyond the first two weeks.
This program, which is designed for post-doctoral mathematicians in the early stages of their careers, provides the opportunity for a ‘research sabbatical’ as part of a mathematician’s sustained research career. By creating this program, IndoMS hopes to foster networking and collaboration efforts between mathematicians in ASEAN which can become building blocks for long-term research partnerships. A
The call for applications is open from 13 June 2022 (00:00 GMT+7) to 30 June 2022 (23:59 GMT+7). The selection committee will review applications immediately after the call closes. Applicants will be informed of their selection status by July 5th, 2022.
1. hold, at the time of application, a PhD in Mathematics, or a PhD in Mathematics Education.
2. be based in Indonesia at the time of application (if applying for funding to visit an ASEAN-based research collaborator) or be based in an ASEAN member state at the time of application (if applying for funding to visit a research collaborator based in Indonesia);
3. hold a position in a university/research institution.
4. be under 45 years of age as of 30 June 2022, with no minimum h-index; the host collaborator must have a minimum h-index of 3, with no age restriction.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Online Application Form. Completed applications must include the following.
1. The applicant and host’s curricula vitae, including a list of recent publications (3 pages maximum).
2. A research statement for the visit, explaining the research project and listing the mathematicians with whom the applicant will collaborate. Prior to the application, research contact must already be initiated between the applicant and the proposed collaborators. Evidence of prior collaboration will be considered a plus. The collaboration should take place at the international partner’s home institution.
3. An official invitation from the institution of the international research partner
4. A budget estimation in the format of the Budget Form.
5. Expected publication and/or conference outcomes, including at least one publication in a reputable international journal (minimum Q3). The article manuscript must be submitted within one month after the visit’s end.
Please merge all required documents into one (1) PDF file and upload this file to the Online Application Form (https://forms.gle/fJBurMaAx5kQJf5XA). Applications not completed by 23:59 (GMT+7) on 30 June 2022 cannot be considered for evaluation.
The grant can cover for two weeks, and only for the applicant, up to 10 000 000 IDR (about 678 USD):
1. travel costs;
2. visa fees;
3. travel insurance charges;
4. basic living costs;
5. accommodation costs in the host location.
The grant is paid in two installments:
1. First payment for accommodation in the host country, travel insurance, visa, transport to the airport and 50% of the living cost before departure.
2. Second payment for the remaining living costs after the visit.
The report, pictures and all invoices must be sent to the IndoMS Secretariat before the second payment can be initiated.