This school is aimed to provide foundations of Mathematical Modelling in Biology, and to introduce some problems of the subject which are currently in the field of intensive research. The school is addressed to senior undergraduate students and first year graduate students from Southeast Asia. The school is expected to accommodate students with basic knowledge of the subject which will be necessary for further study, and the chance for the young researchers to meet professors from leading research institutions to learn about the opportunities to apply for the scholarships to persuade their PhD education in mathematics.
There will be five courses in the school. The titles and lecturers are as follows.
- Course M1: Mathematical Modeling Techniques for Biological Systems (Lecturer: Hien Tran)
- Course M2: Branching Processes (Lecturer: Marc Peigne)
- Course M3: Octave (Lecturer: Thanh Ha Do)
- Course M4: An introduction to mathematical population genetics (Lecturer: Tat Dat Tran)
- Course M5: Individual-based modeling of population dynamics (Lecturer: Fugo Takasu)
Dates : March 08 – March 15, 2017
Place : Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics, Hanoi University of Science, Vietnam National University